serves 4 - 6
450 g (1 lb) lamb fillet
30 g (3 tbsp) paprika
20 g (2 tbsp) chilli powder
15 g (2 tbsp) fresh coriander, chopped
15 g (2 tbsp) fresh parsley, chopped
70 ml (6 tbsp) creme fraiche or thick yoghurt
45 ml (3 tbsp) oil
2 cloves garlic
1 onion, finely chopped
100 g (4 oz) mushrooms, sliced
1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
450 g (16 oz) pineapple slices in own juice, quartered
275 ml (1/2 pt) strong black coffee
20 g (4 tsp) cornflour and water to mix
lime and coriander to garnish
1. Cut the meat into 2.5 cm (1 in) cubes.
2. Mix together the paprika, chilli, coriander, parsley and Creme Fraiche in a bowl.
3. Coat the meat with this mixture.
4. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and lightly fry the garlic and vegetables for 2 - 3 minutes.
5. Drain. Cook the meat for 10 minutes stirring occasionally, and mix in the vegetables.
6. Add the pineapple and coffee and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Blend the cornflour with a little cold water and add to the pan.
8. Stir until the sauce thickens. Adjust the seasoning.
9. Garnish with slices of lime and sprigs of coriander. Serve with brown rice.
10 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!