225 g (8 oz) pheasant breasts, boned and skinned
65 g (2 1/2 oz) fresh white bread crumbs
150 ml (1/4 pt) sour cream
15 ml (1 tbsp) port
pinch of salt
2 drops Tabasco
freshly ground black pepper
6 slices Granary bread, toasted
25 g (1 oz) butter
6 sprigs parsley
1. Dice the pheasant and liquidize or process for 10 — 15 seconds, until finely chopped.
2. Add the crumbs, cream, port and seasonings and blend for 30 seconds or until very smooth.
3. Fry a teaspoonful of the mixture and taste for seasoning — it should not be too bland.
4. Turn into a bowl and allow to chill until firm — about an hour.
5. Cut the toast into circles 7.5cm (3in) in diameter and put on a baking sheet.
6. Put the chilled pheasant mixture into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle, and pipe the mixture neatly on the toast circles.
7. Bake in the preheated oven 200°C (400°F) Gas 6 for 10 - 15 minutes until golden and firm to touch.
8. While they are cooking, fry the mushrooms using the butter and drain on kitchen paper.
9. Serve each cutlet capped with a mushroom and garnished with a sprig of parsley.
10. Accompany with Mushroom Sauce and a green salad.