This recipe is Gluten free and Wheat free
serves 6 - 8
1 3/4 large cucumbers, peeled and diced
125 ml (4 fl oz) 1/2 cup of chilled tomato juice
1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
500 ml (17 fl oz) 2 cups of fat-free natural yogurt
225 g (8 oz) 2 cups of peeled and chopped cooked prawns (shrimp), chilled
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons of chopped fresh mint leaves
1/4 of a large cucumber kept whole for decoration
6 - 8 whole cooked prawns (shrimp) for decoration
400 ml (14 fl oz) 1 3/4 cups of fat-free (Gluten free) vegetable stock (bouillon) or cold water
1. Put the diced cucumber into a food processor with the stock (bouillon) or water, and process until it becomes a fine puree.
2. Transfer the mixture to a large serving bowl and stir in the tomato juice, chilli and garlic.
3. Mix in the yogurt, chopped prawns (shrimp), salt and pepper, chopped mint and taste it!
4. Cover the soup with clingfilm (plastic wrap) and chill for a couple of hours to allow the flavours to develop.
5. Decorate the chilled soup before serving.
6. First, wipe clean the skin of the remaining cucumber quarter, then cut it into 12 - 16 thin slices.
7. Place two overlapping slices of cucumber in the centre of the soup and place one of the reserved prawns (shrimp) on top.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!