This recipe is Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
15 g (1/2 oz) 1/2 cup of fresh dill, chopped
1 tablespoon of mild Gluten free mustard
4 tablespoons of (GF/DF) mayonnaise
3 tablespoons of soya cream
1 tablespoon of olive oil
400 g (14 oz) 2 1/2 cups of tuna fish in brine, drained
900 g (32 oz) 6 cups of potatoes, peeled, boiled and mashed
Freshly grated nutmeg
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
A dash of Gluten freeTabasco sauce/hot chilli oil
1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon of Dairy free margarine Gluten free cornflour (cornstarch) for dusting
2 eggs, beaten
200 g (7 oz) 1 1/2 cups of fine corn meal
Oil for frying
1. First, make the sauce by mixing the dill, mustard, mayonnaise, cream and oil.
2. Season to taste, then cover and chill until needed.
3. Mash the tuna fish with the potatoes and season with nutmeg, salt and pepper, Tabasco sauce and parsley, then beat in the margarine.
4. Dust your clean hands with cornflour (comstarch) and roll the mixture into 12 patties.
5. Dip each fishcake into the beaten egg and roll in corn meal.
6. Chill in the deep freeze for half an hour.
7. Now fry in a little hot oil until crispy and golden, about 5 minutes on each side.
8. Drain briefly on kitchen (paper) towels and serve immediately with the dill sauce.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!