25 g (1 oz) butter
1 onion, chopped
226 g (8 oz) canned tomatoes
1 teaspoon flour
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons cream
dash of Tabasco sauce
2 tablespoons curry powder
1 tablespoon chutney
juice of 1/2 lemon
150 ml (1/4 pint) mayonnaise
225 g (8 oz) long-grain rice, boiled and cooled
1 hard-boiled egg, sliced
225 g (8 oz) shelled shrimps
1. Mince together the pork, liver and onion (for a smoother pate, mince the pork on its own first, then again with the other ingredients).
2. Add the eggs, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and brandy, if used, and beat well together.
3. Line a 1 kg (2 lb) loaf tin with foil and grease well.
4. Spread half the pork mixture on the bottom of the tin, then place the eggs on top.
5. Cover with the rest of the pork mixture, pressing down carefully between each egg.
6. Cover the tin with more greased foil and place in a roasting tin of hot water.
7. Bake in a preheated moderately hot oven 190°C (375°F) Gas Mark 5 for 1 hour.
8. Cool in the tin before turning out.