Calories per serving 245.
400 g can of chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoons medium dry white wine
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 teaspoon caster sugar
2 tablespoons tomato puree
225 g (8 oz) fresh gnocchi
2 tablespoons torn fresh basil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the tomatoes in a medium saucepan with the wine, garlic, sugar, tomato puree and seasoning.
2. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for I 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the gnocchi.
4. They cook very quickly in about 2-3 minutes. When they rise to the top of the water, they are done.
5. Drain the gnocchi well and add them to the tomato sauce. Scatter over the basil and serve.
10 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!