Calories per serving 345.
225 g (8 oz) extra lean minced beef
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
150 g (5 1/2 oz) mushrooms, sliced
1 cooking apple, peeled and grated
150 g (5 1/2 oz) carrots, grated
1 teaspoon hot chilli powder or cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon ground coriander
2 tablespoons tomato puree
400 g can of chopped tomatoes
225 g (8 oz) spaghetti
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat a large, heavy based non stick frying pan and add the mince.
2. Dry fry it for 5 minutes until it is evenly browned.
3. Add the onion, garlic, mushrooms, apple, carrots, chilli powder or cayenne pepper and ground coriander and cook for a further 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the tomato puree, chopped tomatoes and 4 tablespoons of water; and bring to the boil.
5. Cover reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring from time to time.
6. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of lightly salted, boiling water for 8 - 10 minutes until tender, Drain well.
7. Mix the cooked spaghetti into the bolognese mixture, season and heat through to serve.
31 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!