350 g (12 oz) new potatoes, scraped and sliced
1 tablespoon French dressing
bay leaves to garnish
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon flour
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt water
1 tablespoon made mustard
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt tarragon vinegar
1 egg, beaten
1 tbls (15 g) 1/2 oz butter
top of milk
pinch of grated nutmeg
1 tablespoon chopped chives
1. First make the dressing. Mix together the sugar, flour, 1 tablespoon of the water and the mustard in a saucepan.
2. Stir in the rest of the water and the vinegar and bring to the boil. Simmer, stirring, for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and beat in the egg and butter. Leave until cold, then dilute as necessary with top of milk.
4. Mix in the nutmeg and chives.
5. Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until they are tender.
6. Drain well and toss with the French dressing while still warm.
7. Cool, then coat with the dressing.
8. Serve garnished with bay leaves.
25 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!