4 chicken pieces
2 carrots, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed 2 teaspoons chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
900 ml (1 1/2 pints) water
for the sauce
2 tbsp (25 g) 1 oz butter or 2 tablespoons oil
4 oz (100 g) mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon chopped parsley
1/2 cup (50 g) 2 oz flour, sifted
scant 1/2 (us) cup (100 ml) white wine
2 tablespoons soured cream
1 tablespoon milk
1. Put the chicken in a saucepan with the carrots, garlic, parsley and salt.
2. Pour over the water and bring to the boil. Simmer until the chicken is tender.
3. Remove the chicken from the pan. Discard the skin and bones and keep the meat warm. Strain the stock and reserve.
4. To make the sauce, melt the butter or heat the oil in another saucepan and fry the mushrooms with the parsley for 3 minutes.
5. Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes, then gradually stir in the wine and reserved stock.
6. Bring to the boil, stirring, and simmer for 20 minutes.
7. Add the soured cream and milk and stir well.
8. Put the chicken meat into the sauce and reheat.
9. Serve with rice or noodles.
11 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!