1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp turmeric
zest and juice 1 lemon
900 g, 1/2 leg lamb joint
2 tbsp Greek style yogurt
200 g couscous
400 ml boiling water
2 star anais
200 g fruit and nut, roughly chopped
2 tbsp lemon oil
2 tbsp fresh lemon basil, finely chopped
2 large tomatoes, deseeded and diced
1 shallot, finely diced
4 tbsp fresh lemon basil, finely chopped
4 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) Gas Mark 5.
2. Mix together the spicy coating ingredients and spread over the lamb.
3. Place the lamb in a roasting tin, cover with foil and cook in the oven according to the pack instructions. Remove the foil 30 minutes before the end of cooking.
4. Put the couscous in a large saucepan and pour over the boiling water and a 4 tbspful of oil, along with the star anais, then leave to stand for 5 minutes.
5. Remove the star anais, stir in the fruit and nuts, lemon oil, lemon basil and seasoning.
6. Mix together the ingredients for the salsa and leave to stand for the flavours to develop.
7. Remove the lamb from the oven and then from the roasting tin, wrap in foil to keep warm. When the roasting tin has cooled slightly, stir the yogurt into the meat juices.
8. Serve the lamb sliced with a spoonful of yogurt dressing, accompanied by fruit and nut couscous and tomato salsa
24 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!