2 tbsp oil
750 g braising steak, cubed
1 onion slicely thinly
250 g mushrooms sliced
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt beef stock
salt and freshly ground black pepper
142 ml fresh sour cream
1 tsp chopped parsley
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the meat a few pieces at a time, until evenly browned removing the pieces as they are browned.
2. Add the onions and cook gently until soft.
3. Return the meat to the pan, add the mushrooms, stock, salt and pepper to taste and bring to the boil.
4. Cover and cook in a preheated moderate oven, 160°C (325°F) gas mark 3 for 1 1/2 hours. Allow to cool.
5. To freeze, spoon into a rigid container, seal, label and freeze.
6. To serve, turn into a saucepan and heat gently until thawed, bring to boil, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
7. Remove from heat, stir in cream and heat through without boiling.
8. Garnish with parsley.