If you cannot get the herbs and edible flowers in this posy, other seasonal herbs can be substituted.
15 g (1/2 oz) (2 envelopes) powdered gelatine
30 ml (2 tbsp) warm water
2 eggs, separated, plus 1 egg white
150 ml (1/4 pt) double cream
100 g (4 oz) Roquefort cheese, crumbled
45 ml (3 tbsp) sour cream
salt and freshly ground white pepper
few drops Tabasco
for the the posy
nasturtium flowers and leaves
borage flowers and leaves
sprigs of mint, fennel and dill
1. Put the gelatine and water into a small bowl and stand it in a pan of simmering water.
2. Stir well until the gelatine has dissolved.
3. Beat the egg yolks with half the double cream, the sour cream and the gelatine.
4. Mash in the cheese.
5. Whip the remaining double cream, fold into the mixture, season and add Tabasco to taste. Chill.
6. Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold them into the mixture.
7. Oil a ring mould, pour in the mousse and chill until set.
8. Dip the mould into hot water, invert a plate over it and turn the mousse out.
9. Fill the centre with a posy of edible flowers and delicate leafy herbs.
10. Serve with brown bread.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!