1 (1 kg (2 1/4 lb) salmon trout
1 onion, finely chopped
375 ml (13 fl oz) rose wine
1 tbsp (1/2 oz) butter
1 tbsp (15 g) flour
2 tbsp (30 ml) double cream (heavy cream)
salt and pepper
125 ml (4 fl oz) Hollandaise Sauce
for the garnish
puff pastry fleurons
Watercress (salad cress) sprigs
1. Generously butter a fairly deep ovenproof dish large enough to hold the whole fish.
2. Set the oven at 160°C/325°F/gas 3.
3. Cut the fins from the fish and thoroughly wash the body cavity. Put the fish in the dish, curling it round if necessary.
4. Add the onion. Mix the wine with 100 ml (3 1/2 fl oz) water and pour over the fish. Oven-poach for 30 minutes.
5. Using a slotted spoon and a fish slice, carefully transfer the fish to a wooden board. Remove the skin and keep the fish hot.
6. Strain the cooking liquid into a saucepan and boil until reduced by one third.
7. Melt the butter in a clean saucepan, add the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
8. Gradually add the reduced cooking liquid, stirring all the time until the mixture comes to the boil.
9. Remove from the heat and add the cream, with salt and pepper to taste.
10. Beat in the hollandaise sauce.
11. Fillet the fish, placing the fillets on a warmed serving dish. Coat with half the sauce, pouring the rest into a sauceboat.
Garnish with the pastry fleurons and the watercress and serve the fish at once, with the remaining sauce.