15 - 30 ml (1 - 2 tbsp) oil
1 medium onion, sliced
8 lamb cutlets
salt and pepper
300 ml (1/2 pt) beef stock
10 g (2 tsp) cornflour
15 ml (1 tbsp) water
150 ml (1/4 pt) yoghurt
2 egg yolks
15 g (2 tbsp) capers
1. Heat the oil, add the onion and cook until softened but not browned.
2. Add the cutlets and brown them.
3. Drain off excess fat and season well.
4. Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes, or bake at 180°C (350°F) Gas 4.
5. Mix the cornflour with the water and add it to the pan.
6. Stir over a gentle heat to thicken the sauce.
7. Mix the yoghurt and egg yolks with the capers and add them to the pan.
8. Warm through on a gentle heat.
9. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve immediately.