4 corn on the cob
1.25 g (1/4 tsp sugar
50 g (2 oz) butter
1 spring onion, washed and sliced
12 green or stuffed olives
7 g (l tbsp) parsley chopped
10 g (2 tsp) capers
salt and freshly ground pepper
15 ml (l tbsp) lemon juice
2.5 g (1/2 tsp) grated lemon rind
1. Remove the hairy husk and trim the stalk end of the corn.
2. Cook in unsalted water with the sugar for 15 minutes.
3. The cooking time will depend on the freshness of the corn -- corn freshly picked and cooked immediately may need only 5 minutes cooking time.
4. Melt the butter on a very low heat, add the sliced spring onion and olives, allow to cook for 1 minute.
5. Add the parsley, capers, seasoning, lemon juice and rind.
6. Drain the corn and serve hot with the olive butter spooned on each.
Note If using frozen corn, follow cooking instructions on the packet.