This recipe is Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
4 small or 2 large duck legs, raw or cooked
A little olive oil
1 teaspoon of fresh thyme leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 red onion, peeled and finely sliced into rings
2 tablespoons of olive oil
6 smoked rindless bacon rashers, chopped
1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
455 g (16 oz) 2 1/2 Cups of canned borlotti beans, drained
1 bay leaf
1 sprig of fresh thyme
200 ml (7 fl oz) 3 1/2 cup of Gluten free chicken stock (bouillon)
200 ml (7 fl oz) 3/4 cup of dry white wine
A little fresh basil to decorate
1. Rub the raw legs with a little olive oil, 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme leaves, and salt and pepper.
2. Place half the onion on a roasting tray, place the legs on top and roast for 40 minutes until crispy and cooked through.
3. If using cooked duck, gently cook the onion first in half the oil and when cooked through, add the legs and brush with a little more oil, salt and pepper and cook for 20 minutes until hot and crispy again.
4. Meanwhile, saute the rest of the onion in a saucepan with the oil, bacon and garlic until golden.
5. Add the borlotti beans, bay leaf and sprig of thyme, season to taste and pour over the stock (bouillon) and wine.
6. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring from time to time.
7. Spoon the beans and sauce onto a hot plate and place the legs on top. Sprinkle with a little shredded basil and serve with a crispy green salad.