105 Calories per serving
2 heads of endive, about 3 oz (90 g) each
5 oz (150 g) smoked mackerel fillet
2 oz (60 g) cucumber
1 medium orange
2 tablespoons chopped spring onions
for the dressing:
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
salt and pepper
1. Separate the endive leaves and arrange five or six leaves around the edge of each serving dish or bowl.
2. Roughly chop the remaining leaves.
3. Flake the mackerel and place in a bowl with the chopped endive.
4. Cut the cucumber in 1/4 inch (5 mm) slices and cut each slice in quarters.
5. Using a sharp knife, remove the peel and white pith from the orange and divide into segments, removing as much membrane as possible and catching any juices which run out during preparation.
6. Stir the orange and spring onions into the smoked mackerel mixture.
7. Mix well, then spoon into the serving dishes.
8. Place the reserved orange juice and all the dressing ingredients into a screw-top jar and shake well to mix.
9. Alternatively, whisk the ingredients in a small basin.
10. Spoon over each salad and serve.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!