This recipe is Vegetarian, Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
The juice of 6 large juicy oranges
60 ml (2 fl oz) 1/4 cup of Cointreau, orange liqueur (or Clementine juice for children)
11,7g (1/2 oz) sachet (US 1 tablespoon) of powdered gelatine or vegetarian equivalent, dissolved according to instructions on the packet
310 g (11 oz) 1 1/2 cups of fresh, seedless clementines, peeled, pith removed and segments chopped (canned fruit is fine, just drain the juices)
A few spare segments of clementines and fresh mint to decorate
1. Mix the orange juice with the Cointreau in a bowl and vigorously stir in the gelatine as soon as it has dissolved.
2. Add the chopped clementines and chill for 1 hour, before giving it a thoroughly good stir to distribute the clementines more evenly.
3. Pour the jelly into glasses or individual tin moulds and chill for 4 hours, or until set.
4. When the jellies are set, decorate them in the glasses with spare clementines and fresh mint leaves.
5. Alternatively, dip the moulds into boiling water for a few seconds and turn out the jellies on to small plates and decorate around the jelly.
6. For children, omit the liqueur and mint leaves and make the jellies in pretty paper cups.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!