750 g (1 1/2 lb) skirt steak, in a piece
2 bacon rashers, chopped
4 slices salami, chopped
1/2 cup cooked rice
2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon sherry
1. Trim steak and beat with a meat cleaver or a rolling pin.
2. Gently fry bacon and salami, combine with rice, chopped hard-boiled eggs, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and ginger and mix well.
3. Spread rice mixture over steak, roll up carefully and secure with skewers.
4. Place meat roll in a roasting dish, pour sherry over and cover with lid or with aluminium foil.
5. Place in a 180-190°C (350-375°F) moderate oven and bake for 1 hour.
6. Remove from roasting dish and serve hot in slices with crisp green vegetables and new or saute potatoes.
7. Make a gravy from pan juices, if desired
38 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!