75 g (1/2 oz) gelatine
1 1/4 cup (1/2 pint) 300 ml water
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon anchovy essence
4 thin tomato slices
150 g (5 oz) cooked shelled prawns
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
2 oz (50 g) cottage cheese, sieved
To serve, lettuce leaves tomato slices
1. Dissolve the gelatine in the water, then mix in the lemon juice, anchovy essence, salt and pepper.
2. Arrange the tomato slices on the bottom of a 600 ml (1 pint) mould and pour over a thin layer of the gelatine mixture. Chill until set.
3. Fold the prawns and parsley into two-thirds of the remaining gelatine mixture.
4. Spoon into the mould on top of the tomato slices and chill until set.
5. Mix the cottage cheese with the remainder of the gelatine mixture and spoon into the mould. Chill until set.
6. Line a serving plate with lettuce leaves and tomato slices and turn out the jelly on to it
9 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!