4 firm pears, washed
4 tsp lemon juice
1 x 213 g (8 oz) can blackberries in natural juice
1 eating apple, cored and chopped
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/4 cup (1/2 pint) 300 ml unsweetened apple juice
1 tbsp cornflour blended with 2 tbsp cold water
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) Gas Mark 4.. Core the pears and slice in half lengthways, sprinkle with the lemon juice to prevent browning.
2. Drain the blackberries, reserving the juice. Carefully mix the blackberries with the chopped apple and cinnamon and 2 tbsp apple juice. Pile into the centre of each pear half.
3. Place the pear halves, stuffing side up, in a baking dish and pour in the reserved canning juice and the remaining apple juice. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes until just softened.
4. Drain the pears, reserving the juice, and keep the pears warm. Pour the juice into a small saucepan and mix in the cornflour mixture, and serve with low fat custard, yogurt or fromage frais.
5. Nutrition Info (per serving)