1 tspo vegetable oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
200 g minced lean lamb or beef
4 tbsp plain flour
300 ml water
100 g carrots peeled and finely chopped or grated
750 g potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp (1 oz) 25 g butter
scant 1/2 (us) cup (100 ml) babys usual milk
1. Heat oil and fry onions until tender. Add meat and, stirring frquently, cook until browned.
2. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
3. Gradually add water, stirring continuously to prevent it turning lumpy. Add chopped carrots
4. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. While the mince is cooking, boil the potatoes.
6. When the potatoes are cooked, mash with the butter and baby's usual milk.
7. When the mince is cooked, spoon into an oven proof dish and cover with the mashed potato by either piping it on or making patterns with a fork.
8. Place in an oven and bake at 190ÂºC, 375ÂºF, Gas Mark 5 for 30 minutes or until the top is crisp and golden brown.
9. Mash or purée the meal according to the age of your baby.