1 1/2 lb (700 g) blade of pork
3 tbsp (60 ml) vegetable oil
8 oz (225 g) onion, skinned and sliced
3 dried red chillies
2 level tsp (10 ml) ground cumin
5 ml ( 1 level tsp) ground cinnamon
15 ml (3 level tsp) ground coriander
2 garlic cloves, skinned and crushed
1 level tsp (5 ml) salt
freshly ground pepper
142 g (5 oz) natural yogurt
1. Cut the pork into 3.5 cm (1 1/2 inch) cubes, discarding skin, bone and excess fat.
2. Brown the meat, a little at a time, in the hot oil in a large saute pan, then remove.
3. Lightly brown the onion in the residual oil. Halve the chillies, remove the seeds and chop the flesh finely.
4. Add the chillies to the pan with the spices and cook for 1 minute. Stir in 300 ml (1/2 pint) water with the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil.
5. Replace the meat, cover the pan tightly and simmer for about 1 1/4 hours, until the pork is tender. Adjust seasoning.