225 g (8 oz) 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
12 tiger prawns (jumbo shrimp), peeled and deveined
2 tbsp chopped chives
2 tsp light soy sauce
dash of chilli sauce
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Lightly beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the shredded chicken and tiger prawns (jumbo shrimp) to the eggs, mixing well.
3. Stir in the chopped chives, light soy sauce and chilli sauce, mixing well to combine all the ingredients.
4. Heat the vegetable oil in a large preheated frying pan (skillet) over a medium heat.
5. Add the egg mixture to the frying pan (skillet), tilting the pan to coat the base completely.
6. Cook over a medium heat, gently stirring the omelette with a fork, until
the surface is just set and the underside is a golden brown colour.
7. When the omelette is set, slide it out of the pan, with the aid of a palette knife (spatula).
8. Cut the Chinese omelette into squares or slices and serve immediately. Alternatively, serve the omelette as a main course for two people.
You could add extra flavour to the omelette by stirring in 3 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh coriander (cilantro) or 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds
with the chives in step 3.