1. Peel thin strips off the cucumber for a green and white striped effect.
2. Cut in half lengthwise, or in quarters if the cucumber is thick.
3. Cut each length into 5 cm (2 inch) pieces. Sprinkle with salt and leave to stand for 30 minutes. Wash and dry well.
4. Combine the cucumber with all the remaining ingredients except the coriander in a deep bowl. Partially cover and cook for 2 minutes on HIGH.
5. Add the coriander and leave in the bowl to cool. When cold, refrigerate. Serve on the same day