makes 1 loaf
120 g (4 oz) low fat spread
120 g (4 oz) muscovado sugar
2 medium eggs
2 large, very ripe bananas, mashed
4 tbsps low fat natural yoghurt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
60 g (2 oz) bran
180 g (6 oz) wholemeal flour
30 g (1 oz) toasted bran
1. Cream together the low fat spread and sugar.
2. Add the eggs, mashed bananas and low fat yoghurt.
3. Sift in the baking powder, baking soda, salt, bran and flour. Mix together thoroughly
4. Turn the batter into a lightly greased loaf dish. Cover the top loosely with cling film and cover the corners of the dish with aluminium foil, shiny side out.
5. Cook in the microwave for 10 minutes on HIGH. Remove the foil and cling film, sprinkle on the toasted bran, replace cling film, and cook for a further 2 minutes on HIGH.
6. Remove the cling film and leave the loaf to cool in the dish for 10 minutes before turning out.