serves 4 as a starter
2 breasts of lamb
30 ml (2 tbsp) vinegar
boiling water, to cover
parsley sprigs and lemon slices, to garnish
for the sauce
30 ml (2 tbsp) tomato ketchup
30 ml (2 tbsp) clear honey
30 ml (2 tbsp) soy sauce
30 ml (2 tbsp) plum jam
15 ml (1 tbsp) dry mustard
10 ml (2 tsp) Worcestershire sauce
1. Remove and discard the skin and excess fat, then put the breasts into a saucepan large enough to hold them both. Cover with boiling water and add the vinegar. Cover the saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Mix all sauce ingredients together in a saucepan and heat gently, stirring.
3. Heat the oven to 180°C (350°F) gas 4. Drain the breasts, then cut between the ribs into 25 mm (1 in) wide strips.
4. Arrange the riblets close together in a roasting tin, pour the sauce over and cook for 30 minutes, turning once.
5. Baste thoroughly, then increase the heat to 200°C (400°F) gas 6 and cook for a further 15 - 20 minutes until the riblets are crisp.
6. Garnish with parsley sprigs and lemon slices and serve with the remaining sauce.
30 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!