8 oz (225 g) carrots, peeled, sliced
grated rind and juice of 1 orange
5 fl oz (150 ml) fresh orange juice
1 lb (450 g) cod, cubed
10 fl oz (300 ml) fish stock
1 small onion, sliced
8 oz (225 g) green noodles
1 tbsp cornflour
2 tbsps cold water
1 oz (25 g) butter, softened
1. Marinate carrots in the orange rind and juice for 1 hour.
2. Poach the fish in stock and onion, for 5 minutes. Drain stock, strain and reserve.
3. Meanwhile, cook the carrots in the orange marinade for 10 minutes. Drain carrots, reserving juice, and keep hot.
4. Combine juice with stock and boil rapidly to reduce by half.
5. Cook the noodles.
6. Dissolve the cornflour in the water and stir into sauce.
7. Whisk in butter and cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
8. Arrange noodles on plates. Top with fish, carrots and sesame seeds.
9. Serve with the sauce.
14 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!