1/4 cup (50 g) 2 oz dried apricots, or a 312 g (11 oz) can apricots
45 ml (3 level tbsps) short grain rice
1 pt (568 ml) milk
2 eggs, beaten
1. Wash the dried apricots, cover with water and soak overnight.
2. Cook in 150 ml (1/4 pt) water, with sugar to taste.
3. Cook the rice and the milk gently in a thick-based pan or double saucepan until creamy stirring occasionally; this will take about 45 minutes or up to 2 hours in a double pan.
4. Add 30 ml (2 level tbsps) sugar and the eggs.
5. Drain the apricots and put them into a pie dish, reserving the juice.
6. Pour the rice mixture on top and bake in the oven at 200°C (400°F) mark 6 for about 15 minutes, until heated through and lightly browned.
7. Meanwhile boil the apricot juice until syrupy and serve with the pudding.