Children of all ages will love this meal in a potato.
4 large potatoes, scrubbed
5 ml (1 tsp) oil
5 g (1 tsp) salt
50 g (2 oz) butter
1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1 stick celery, finely chopped
1/2 green pepper, cored, seeded and finely chopped
75 g (3 oz) button mushrooms, wiped and finely chopped
350 g (12 oz) can corned beef, diced
salt and freshly ground pepper
75 g (3 oz) Cheddar cheese, grated
1. Rub the potatoes with the oil and salt and bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (180°C) Gas 4 for about 1 1/2 hours, or until tender.
2. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a frying pan, add the vegetables and stir-fry over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until slightly softened.
3. When the potatoes are ready, slice in half and scoop out the insides. Mash well and mix with the corned beef.
4. Stir into the vegetables in the frying pan and reheat. Season to taste.
5. Heat the grill. Pile the mixture back into the potato skins.
6. Sprinkle the cheese over the potatoes and grill until golden and bubbling.
7. Serve immediately.
37 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!