This recipe is Vegetarian, Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
70 g (2 1/2 oz) 1/3 cup of Dairy free margarine
100 g (3 1/2 oz) of (DF/GF) dark chocolate
170 g (6 oz) generous 3/4 cup of caster (superfine) sugar
2 large free-range eggs, beaten
70 g (2 1/2 oz) 1/2 cup of rice flour
1 teaspoon of Gluten free baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of pure Madagascan vanilla extract
70 g (2 1/2 oz) 2/3 cup of chopped pecan nuts
28 cm (11 inch) rectangular non-stick baking tin, greased with a little sunflower oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) gas 4
2. Melt the margarine and chocolate in a saucepan over a very low heat, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from the heat, add the sugar and allow to cool slightly.
4. Mix in the beaten eggs, then sift in the flour, baking powder and salt and fold in the vanilla extract and the chopped nuts.
5. Pour the mixture into the baking tin and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Test with an inserted skewer that it is just cooked through (the skewer should come out clean).
7. Cool in the tin and cut into squares.
14 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!