3 Tbsp (40 g) butter
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt water
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
5/8 cup (65 g) plain flour
2 large eggs
salt and pepper
pinch of cayenne pepper
3 oz (75 g) cooked bacon or ham, finely chopped
175 g (6 oz) cooked turkey meat, finely chopped
2 oz (50 g) mature Cheddar cheese, grated
oil for deep frying
1. Melt the butter in the water in a saucepan.
2. Add the onion and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and tip in the flour.
3. Beat until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
4. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
5. Add salt, pepper and cayenne, then mix in the bacon or ham, turkey and cheese.
6. Drop teaspoonsful of the turkey mixture into hot oil and deep fry until golden brown and crisp.
7. Drain on paper towels and serve hot with a piquant tomato or wine sauce.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!