350 g (3/4 lb) crabmeat
6 hard boiled (cooked) (cooked) eggs
1 medium-sized lettuce
tomatoes for garnish (optional)
For the mayonnaise
1 egg yolk
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) Tabasco sauce
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) ground paprika
grated rind 1/2 lemon and juice up to 1/2 lemon
pinch sea salt
1. Keep the white and brown (claw and body) crabmeat separate.
2. Peel the eggs and cut them in half lengthways.
3. Put a bed of lettuce on a large serving plate.
4. Put the brown crabmeat in the centre and surround it with the white.
5. Arrange the egg-halves, cut side down, around the crab.
6. Put the egg yolk into a bowl with the Tabasco sauce and paprika and beat it with a wooden spoon.
7. Gradually beat in 30 ml (2 tbls) oil and then add 10 ml (2 tsp) lemon juice.
8. Beat in the rest of the oil very gradually.
9. Taste the mayonnaise and add as much of the remaining lemon juice as desired. Add salt to taste if necessary.
10. Spoon the dressing only over the eggs and garnish with the parsley sprigs.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!