1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) Gas Mk 5.
2. Skin the chicken quarters and toss in seasoned flour.
3. In a bowl, beat together the egg and mustard.
4. Crush the bran flakes and mix with the cheese.
5. Place on a flat dish and dip the chicken quarters into the egg mixture, then roll in the bran flake mixture, pressing the flakes firmly onto the chicken.
6. Leave to stand for 5 minutes, then arrange chicken pieces in an ovenproof dish and drizzle over a little vegetable oil.
7. Cook in the oven for 1 hour until tender.
8. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper and serve at once.