serves 6 to 8
250 g (8 oz) Cheddar cheese
60 g (2 oz) blue cheese
1/8 cup (30 g) 6 teaspoons butter
2 tablespoons dry sherry
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon hot English mustard
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh herbs
Melba toast or biscuits (crackers), to serve
1. Grate the Cheddar cheese into a bowl. Add the blue cheese, mixing together with a fork.
2. Soften the butter and add to the cheese. Blend together well.
3. Gradually beat in the sherry, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and herbs.
4. Blend in a food processor until smooth and thoroughly mixed.
5. Pack into a serving bowl, cover and chill.
6. The flavours of the cheese improve if it is made 1 or 2 days in advance.
7. Allow the cheese to come to room temperature before serving. Accompany with Melba toast or biscuits (crackers).