1/4 cup (4 Tbls) 50 g sugar
3 tbsp boiling water
2 tbsp medium dry sherry
for the decoration
6 maraschino cherries
6 mint sprigs
1. Cut the grapefruit in half crossways and prepare as in the recipe for Grapefruit.
2. Put the flesh in a basin.
3. Dissolve the sugar in the water, add the sherry and pour the mixture over the fruit.
4. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
5. Spoon into suitable glasses, and decorate with the cherries and sprigs of mint before serving.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!