600-800 g pig's fry (sweetbreads, heart, liver, lights, melts)
butter for greasing
salt and pepper
1/4 tsp dried sage
flour for dredging
2 medium sized onions (200 g approx)
general household stock or water as required
1 tbsp (1/2 oz) butter
1. Prepare the fry as for Fried Pig's Fry.
2. Cut the fry into slices about 1cm thick.
3. Place a layer of the fry in the bottom of a large, well greased pie dish.
4. Season with salt and pepper and half the sage.
5. Dredge liberally with flour.
6. Prepare and slice the onions and potatoes, and heat the stock or water to boiling point.
7. Cover the fry with layers of onions and potatoes, ending with a layer of potatoes.
8. Three quarters fill the dish with the boiling stock or water.
9. Cover with buttered greaseproof paper and bake in a moderate oven, 180°C, Gas 4, for 1 1/2-2 hours.
10. About 30 minutes before the end of the cooking time, remove the paper and dot the dish with butter so that the potatoes brown.
15 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!