6 turkey fillets, each weighing 175 g (6 oz)
600 g (1 1/4 lbs) frozen puff pastry
1/2 stick (2 oz) 50 g butter
4 oz (100 g) finely minced beef steak
125 ml (4 fl oz) 1/2 cup single cream
3 tbsp freshly chopped mixed herbs including chervil, parsley and sage
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
150 g (5 oz) 1 1/2 cups ground hazelnuts (filberts)
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp milk
flour for rolling out
1. Remove pastry from wrappings and thaw.
2. Wash and dry turkey fillets, brown well in butter, remove from pan and allow to cool.
3. Combine minced steak with cream, eggs and herbs; season well with salt, pepper, paprika and nutmeg.
4. Coat fillets with thick layer of this mixture.
5. Preheat oven to 200° (400°F) Gas Mark 6.
6. Roll thawed pastry out slightly on floured work surface, sprinkle with hazelnuts then continue to roll out until 1 cm (1/3 in) thick.
7. Cut pastry into squares to fit turkey fillets. Place one fillet on each square, brush edges with water, fold around meat and seal well. 'Place pastry parcels on cold baking sheet that has been rinsed in cold water and left wet.
8. Brush pastry with beaten egg and milk.
9. Bake on middle shelf of oven for 30 minutes.