1. Halve and stone peaches. Put sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring to boil and simmer for 5 mins.
2. Add peaches and poach for 10 mins or until tender. Remove from syrup and leave to cool.
3. Put raspberries and icing sugar in a food processor and puree until smooth. Sieve to remove raspberry seeds. Chill.
4. Melt butter in a frying pan, add almonds and fry gently until lightly browned.
5. Peel peaches. Arrange in four serving dishes and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to each.
6. Pour over raspberry sauce, sprinkle with almonds and serve.
When the fruits are out of season, this dessert can be prepared with tinned peaches and frozen raspberries.
The sauce may also be made from strawberries.