8 oz (225g) of cuts of a bacon joint
a little butter
1 lb (450g) parsnips
8 oz (225g) ham, chopped
8 oz (227g) can of peeled tomatoes
salt and pepper
3/4 cup (50 g) fresh white breadcrumbs
2 oz (50g) cheese, grated
1. Heat the oven to 350°F (180°C) mark 4.
2. Butter a 1 1/2 pt (900ml) heatproof dish.
3. Peel the parsnips and cut in quarters lengthwise. Remove the hard centres and cut across into thin slices.
4. Place the parsnips and ham in the dish and pour over the tomatoes. Season well with salt and pepper.
5. Mix together the breadcrumbs and cheese and sprinkle over the top of the dish. Dot with a little butter.
6. Cook in the oven for about 40 minutes or until the parsnips are tender and the breadcrumbs are golden brown and crisp on top.
Serve piping hot.
4 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!