makes 2 litres (3 1/2 pints)
2 kg (4 lb) of veal, sliced
6 small carrots
3 leeks, cut into chunks
1 celery stalk, cut into chunks
1 bouquet garni
3 litres (5 pints) cold water
1. Place all the ingredients in a heavy-based saucepan.
2. Bring to the boil and skim. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for approximately 4 hours.
3. Skim frequently and replenish with boiling water if necessary.
4. Strain, skim off fat, then strain again.
5. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!