1. Heat a little of the butter in a 15-18 cm (6-7 inch) thick-based frying pan, pour off the excess and cook the pancakes in the usual way, keep them flat between 2 plates in a warm place.
2. Clean the pan, put in the sugar and heat gently, shaking the pan occasionally until the sugar has melted and turned golden brown.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and add the butter and the orange juice.
4. Fold each pancake in half and then in half again to form a quarter-circle.
5. Add the Cointreau to the fruit juice, replace all the crepes in the pan and simmer for a few minutes until reheated, spooning the sauce over them. Warm the brandy,
6. Pour it over the crepes, ignite it and serve at once.