1 lb (450 g) monkfish
2 medium carrots, cut into matchsticks
2 sticks celery, cut into matchsticks
1 medium onion, very finely sliced into half rings
1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into matchsticks
juice of 1/2 lemon
3 tablespoons white wine
salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons Saffron Sauce
1. Cut four parcels of foil and lightly butter.
2. Skin and bone the monkfish and cut into medallions.
3. In the centre of each parcel, arrange a few medallions of monkfish and surround with small bundles of the prepared vegetables.
4. Sprinkle with lemon juice and the white wine and season lightly.
5. Bring the flap of the parcels over and crimp the edges so that the parcels are totally sealed.
6. Place in a steamer and steam for about 10 minutes or until the fish is tender.
7. The vegetables will be slightly crunchy, and make a lovely contrast to the tender flesh of the monkfish.
8. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Turn back the top flap of the parcel to reveal the cooked monkfish and put 1 tablespoon of sauce on each parcel - the juices and sauce will mingle and taste delicious.
23 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!