Preparation time 15 - 20 minutes,
Cooking time 20-25 minutes,
Calories 230 per portion
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon oil
227 g (8 oz) can tomatoes
2 teaspoons tomato ketchup
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
few drops of Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper
8 rashers rindless bacon, halved
8 cocktail sausages
4 large cubes of pineapple
4 stuffed green olives
1. First make the spicy dip: cook the onion in the oil until softened, add the tomatoes and bring to the boil.
2. Add the tomato ketchup, chilli powder, Worcestershire sauce and seasoning. Simmer gently for 5 10 minutes, or until reduced. Blend the mixture in a liquidiser until smooth, then pour it into a small serving bowl.
3. Pleat four halved bacon rashers on to a metal skewer. Wrap the remaining rashers around the sausages and the pineapple cubes and thread on to metal skewers.
4. Cook the kebabs under a hot grill for 1 0-15 minutes. Use a metal fork to slide the cooked ingredients off the metal skewers on to a double-thick piece of absorbent kitchen paper. Mop any excess fat off the top with another piece of absorbent kitchen paper.
5. Thread the bacon on to wooden cocktail sticks with the olives. Thread the sausages on sticks with the pineapple.
6. Arrange the cocktail kebabs in a serving dish and serve with the dip.
7. To remove items from skewers, use the prongs of a fork. Remember to protect your hand with a double- thick tea- towel if the skewers are hot from the grill.
8 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!