1 small onion, chopped
1 small piece fresh ginger, grated
2 tsps ground coriander
2 tsps ground cumin
2 tsps paprika
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp chilli powder
280 ml (1/2 pint) plain yoghurt
Juice of 1 lime
2 green chilli peppers, seeded and chopped
2 tbsps chopped fresh chives
Salt and pepper
1 head of lettuce, broken into leaves
4 tomatoes, cut in wedges
1 lemon, cut in wedges
1. Combine all the marinade ingredients together. Skin the poussins and cut them in half. Prick the flesh and rub in the marinade. Leave for 1 hour.
2. Cook on HIGH for 20 minutes or until juices run clear, basting frequently with the marinade.
3. Leave to stand, loosely covered, for 5 minutes before serving.
4. Heat any remaining marinade on MEDIUM for 1 minute, but do not allow to boil.
5. Pour over the chicken and serve on a bed of lettuce with tomato and lemon wedges