435 Calories.per portion
serves 6 - 8
175 g (6 oz) plain chocolate
300 ml (1/2 pint) fresh milk
2 tablespoons orange brandy
2 eggs, separated
50 g (2 oz) soft light brown sugar
15 g (1/2 oz) gelatine, dissolved in 3 tablespoons hot water
grated rind and juice of 2 oranges
300 ml (1/2 pint) fresh double cream, whipped
About 30 Langues de Chat biscuits
chocolate triangles and grated orange rind
1. Gently heat the chocolate in a small pan with the milk
until melted. Stir in the orange brandy.
2. Beat the egg yolks and sugar together until creamy,
then blend in the chocolate mixture.
3. Return to the pan and heat gently, stirring until
thickened. Stir in the gelatine, orange rind and
4. Fold in two-thirds of the cream. Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold into the mixture.
5. Pour into a lightly greased loose-bottomed deep 19 cm (7 1/2 inch) cake tin and chill until set.
6. Turn out on to a plate. Arrange the biscuits around the side. Decorate with the remaining cream, chocolate triangles and orange rind.
11 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!