1. Pre-heat the oven to 350°F (175°C) gas mark 4.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Beat together in an electric blender or a bowl the eggs, oil, honey, orange or tangerine rind, and almond essence.
4, Transfer mixture into a large bowl. Beat in the flour mixture a little at a time.
5. Stir the almonds into the stiff dough then divide it into six oblong rolls about 5 cm/2 in wide.
6. Place the rolls well apart on a foil-covered baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
7. Lift out the baking sheet and cut each roll into seven or eight slices 1 cm/1/2 in thick.
8. Return the slices to the oven on the baking sheet and bake for a further 15 to 20 minutes until brown.
9. Cool on a wire rack, then store in an airtight container