2 cups mixed dried fruit
100 g glac© cherries, cut into quarters
1/4 cup (50 g) glac© apricots, chopped
50 g glac© pineapple, chopped
2 tsp finely chopped glac© ginger
2 tsp grated orange rind
2 tbsp Grand Marnier
1 tbsp brandy
2 litres vanilla ice-cream, softened
1/4 cup choc dots
1/2 cup chopped pecan nuts
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
1/2 stick (4 Tbsp) 60 g butter
2 tbsp soft brown sugar
100 g dark chocolate, chopped
1 tbsp brandy
1. Mix all the fruits, rind, Grand Marnier and brandy in a medium mixing bowl. Stand uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Using a metal spoon, break up the ice-cream in a large mixing bowl. Add the fruit mixture, choc dots and nuts to the ice-cream, stirring until well mixed.
3. Line a 9-cup capacity pudding basin or bowl with plastic wrap. Spoon in the ice-cream mixture and smooth the surface. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
4. To make the sauce, place the water, cocoa, butter and sugar in a small pan. Stir over low heat for 4 minutes, or until the mixture boils and the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Stir in the brandy.
5. To serve, unmould the pudding and cut into wedges. Spoon a little chocolate sauce over each piece.
7 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!