1. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use just over half to line a 750 ml pie dish.
2. Add the apricots to the dish
3. Cover with the rest of the pastry and seal the edges. Decorate with any left over pastry, make a slit in the middle to allow steam to escape
4. Brush the pastry with cold water and dredge with caster sugar.
5. Bake in a fairly hot oven, 200°C, Gas 6, for 20 minutes, then reduce the temperature to moderate, 180°C, Gas 4, and bake for another 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden-brown.
6. Dredge with caster sugar and serve hot or cold.
The pastry can be brushed with egg white and sprinkled with sugar before cooking