1/2 stick (2 oz) 50 g butter
2 medium onions, chopped
3 cup (225 g) button mushrooms, sliced
8 oz (225 g) cooked turkey, diced
5 oz (150 g) stuffing, diced or crumbled
4 oz (110 g) ham, diced
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
7 oz (200 g) long-grain rice
3/4 pt (450 ml) hot turkey or chicken stock
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) Gas Mk 5.
2. Melt two-thirds of the butter in a large saucepan.
3. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes still stirring.
5. Transfer the onions and mushrooms to a casserole dish and add the turkey, stuffing, ham, parsley and thyme.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Stir well and set aside.
8. In the same saucepan used to cook the onions and mushrooms, melt the remaining butter over low heat and add the rice.
9. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
10. Stir the rice into the casserole. Pour in the hot stock, cover and cook in the oven for 40 minutes until the rice is tender.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!